The dual-color amber and white light bars are a great addition to any vehicle, providing enhanced visibility in low light and hazardous conditions. Installing dual-color lights on your vehicle is a relatively simple process that can be done with the right tools and equipment. In this blog post, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to install the best amber light bar for your vehicle. Let’s get started!
How to Install Amber and White Lightbars
Before we begin with the step-by-step process, let’s discuss the tools and equipment required. It is important to test the light first if they work before proceeding with the installation.
The Required Equipment and Tools
Before you start the installation process, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Dual color light bar
- Mounting brackets
- Wiring harness
- Drill and drill bits
- Zip ties
Dual Color Lightbar Step-by-Step Installation Process
Step 1: Inspect your package
First, inspect your package for any damage from shipping. Some important things to look for include dents/dings, broken connector pieces, or hardware that has come loose during shipping. If everything is in order, connect the lightbar to your battery (red to positive, black to negative) and test the lightbar. This will give you an understanding of how everything works and a chance to see your lightbar in action before getting into the installation details. After testing your lightbar, make sure you disconnect it from your battery prior to installation or you might ground it out.
Step 2: Choose The Location For Your Amber and White Light Bar
Identify your mounting point and procedure. Our lightbars come with universal brackets that can be used for mounting your lightbar in popular mounting points such as your roof, grille, or bumpers. Typically, the universal brackets will require drilling holes to mount the bracket to your vehicle. If you prefer not to drill any holes for your installation, there are many custom fit bumpers, roof racks, and brackets in the market for your specific vehicle type. We also have a lot of mounting options to choose from.
Step 3: Install The Mounting Brackets
Once you have decided on the location for your LED light bar and identified where the amber and white light bars will be positioned, the next step is to attach the mounting bracket. If the selected location does not already have pre-existing holes, place the light bar in the chosen area and mark the drilling points accurately. Use a drill and suitable drill bits to create the required mounting holes. Finally, secure the brackets in place using the provided mounting hardware that comes with the light bar.
Step 4: Install The Wiring Harness
See the diagram below of our wiring harness to get a better understanding of the basic components to install the wiring harness.. At the center of the wire harness, you will find two relays that control the switching for the amber and white lights (one relay for each color). There are 3 ends to the wire harness
- The switch end has a 4 pin quick-disconnect that allows you to add a wireless remote (if you have a wireless remote, it plugs in between the switches and the relay)
- The lightbar end has a 3 pin connector. The 3 pins provide power to the two different color lights and a negative back to the battery (black). ** NOTE: If you are using a different switching/power mechanism than our harness, you can cut the wires on this end (instead of cutting the wires on the light).
- The battery end has red (+) and black (-) ring terminals to connect to the battery. The red terminal has a waterproof fuse holder to protect the lightbar.
Before installing the electrical, make sure your harness is not connected to the battery.
- Start by running the switch end through your firewall into the inside of your vehicle. In many cases, you can find a rubber gasket to put these through or you may need to drill a hole. You can disconnect and then reconnect the switches using the quick disconnect to reduce the size of the hole required.
- Run the lightbar connector at the install point of the vehicle and connect the lightbar to the harness. The rubber gasket on the end of the 3 prong connector forms a waterproof fit.
- Connect the harness to the negative battery post and then the positive battery post. If you have a relay holder, install it by using factory holes or drilling spots for the rivets. Zip ties or electrical tape can be used to tidy up any dangling wires to prevent damage and make your installation look better.
Step 5: Connect The Rocker Switches or switch
If you have a set of rocker switches or a dual push rocker switch for dual color bars, then connect the switch to replace the factory-installed switch. Mount it in a location that is easy to reach. This will allow you to turn the amber or white lights on and off as needed. The dual push switch is great if you only want to fill up one slot or if you don't want to install the rocker switches yourself.
Step 6: Test both Amber and white lights on your led light bar
To complete the process of dual-color insulation, it is important to verify if your light bar is working. This step will confirm the correct installation of laser-engraved rocker switches and establish a reliable connection with the battery. To do this, switch the rocker switches to the "on" position.
Tips for Proper Installation
- Choose the right location for your amber and white light bar based on your needs and the intended use of the lights.
- Make sure to install the mounting brackets securely to prevent the dual color light bar from coming loose or falling off.
- Check the wiring and connections regularly to ensure that everything is working properly and there are no loose or damaged wires.
Why Choose Extreme LED Light Bars?
Extreme LED Light Bars are the best in class when it comes to value for money and quality of LED light bars. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Quality and Durability: Our amber lights are built to last. They are made of high-quality materials and designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and rough terrain.
- Range of Products Available: Extreme LED Light Bars offers a wide range of amber and white light bars to suit different applications and budgets. We have an extensive collection of amber and white lights, including straight and curved light bars, mini light bars, strobe lights, and more.
- Positive Customer Reviews and Testimonials: We have received numerous positive reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers who have used our products for their vehicles.
- Installation and Customer Support: Our LED Light Bars are very easy to install. You don’t need to cut wires as we have a plug and play connectors. We also provide comprehensive installation instructions, and our customer support team is always available to assist you with any queries you may have.
The Bottom Line
Installing amber and white lights on your vehicle is a great way to enhance visibility and safety in low-light and hazardous conditions. With the right tools and equipment, it is a relatively simple process that can be done in a few steps. Extreme LED Light Bars is a top choice for quality and value when it comes to amber light bars, offering a range of products to suit different applications and budgets. By choosing Extreme LED Light Bars, you can rest assured that you are getting a high-quality product that will provide long-lasting, high-performance lighting for your vehicle. If you need more information about our dual-color light bars or have any questions about installation, feel free to reach out to us anytime.
Meet the Author: Extreme LED has been helping offroad enthusiasts with their LED lighting needs since 2011. We have built our company to provide you with the best experience from shopping to customer support and ultimately use and longevity of our products. Our high-performance LED Light Bars & Pods are covered by our Lifetime Warranty and with free shipping over $100, you can rest assured that you are getting a high-quality product that will provide long-lasting lighting for your vehicle.